Eure/Washington Book Awards
Jerry H. Eure, Sr. & Darrell Washington Book Awards were established in remembrance of Brothers Jerry Eure and Darrel Washington, Sr. The families established a $1,000 award in each name to be administered by the Trenton Kappa Foundation. Brothers Eure and Washington were members of the Trenton Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity Inc., until they transitioned to the chapter invisible.
The award is offered to two (2) students who graduate from high school and plan to attend college. The awards target students who are the first member of a family attending college.
- Minority male students residing in the Mercer County area
- Graduating from a Mercer County area high school
- GPA: 80% or better
- First-generation college student (Parents do not possess a bachelor’s degree)
- Applicants must submit a completed application including their high school transcripts, essay and counselor recommendation no later than the May 2021 deadline
- Payment of the scholarship award will require proof of enrollment at college or university for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Complete and submit application. Click here for online application.
- Obtain and scan official transcript
- Complete all requirements (i.e. essay, resume, high school counselor recommendation, etc.) listed above and scan
- Submit all aforementioned items to the email address listed below
Application Submission Deadline:
May 15, 2021
Supporting documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
2021-2022 Scholarship Committee Chairman
P.O. Box 7582
Ewing, NJ 08628
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE DUE DATE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Scholarship Selection Disclaimer: The Eure and Washington Book Awards selection is a competitive process. Although a candidate may meet the minimum criteria, that does not guarantee an award. The Selection Committee reserves the privilege to grant or deny an award to any applicant for any and all donor awards based on the rules of the selection process and the criteria established by the donor.
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE INCLUDED WITH APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY May 15, 2021 (NO EXCEPTIONS). THE APPLICANT IS EXPECTED TO PRESENT VERIFICATION OF ENROLLMENT (i.e. letter from University Registrar) BEFORE PAYMENT IS GRANTED.