The Trenton Guide Right program of the Trenton Alumni (NJ) Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated and the Trenton Kappa Foundation announces its latest groundbreaking initiative to “Get Out the Vote”.
The Flagship Initiative of the Guide Right Service Program is the Kappa Leadership Development League (Kappa League). The Kappa League is a program designed to aid young men of high school age to grow and develop their leadership talents in every phase of human endeavor. Kappa League provides both challenging and rewarding experiences to enhance their lives. Since the fundamental purpose of Kappa Alpha Psi is ACHIEVEMENT, it is therefore the Fraternity’s primary purpose to help these young men achieve worthy goals for themselves, and make constructive contributions to their community when they assume leadership roles.
Since the fundamental purpose of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. is ACHIEVEMENT, it is of paramount importance that the Fraternity assist the young men of Kappa League by developing them as leaders in their respective communities.
Please be advised that Kappa League is an entity sponsored by Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc. however its participants are not considered or affiliated as members of the Fraternity!! Through club oriented activities, Kappa League performs projects that will expose young men to planning, execution, reporting ideas, and simulating good leadership characteristics designed to raise their aspiration levels. All activities and programs are modeled around the following seven phases:
- Social/Community Service
- Health Education
- Economic Empowerment & Education
- College & Career Readiness
Funding from the Trenton Kappa Foundation goes to Kappa League programs, including but not limited to the following:
- College Signing Day – For many years, College Signing Days was associated with elite student-athletes publicly accepting athletic scholarships to Division 1 athletic programs. Every student should have the opportunity to publicly reveal and celebrate their post-secondary plans. At our College Signing Day, we give our Kappa Leaguers the platform traditionally reserved for blue-chip athletes.
- College Fairs – We provide our Kappa Leaguers and their parents with awareness of and access to college fairs so that they can meet one-on-one with college admissions representatives to get a better sense of the many options that are available to them to attend college.
- Financial Aid Workshops – These workshops prepare parents and students for the financial aid process and allow them an opportunity to ask any questions that they may have.
- King of the Hill – Paintball Team Building Trip
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Initiatives
- Stop the Violence Workshops – Introducing strategies that promote youth’s well-being and prevention of school violence. Working with law enforcement personnel to teach young people how to handle police encounters and mitigate the escalation of these incidents.
- Lalor School Read Aloud – Members of Kappa Alpha Psi and the Trenton Kappa League volunteer to read stories for the children of Lalor Elementary School
- Sacred Heart – The Lord’s Table – “Feed the Hungry” – Members of Kappa Alpha Psi and the Trenton Kappa League volunteer to serve at the Sacred Heart Parish food distribution ministry
For more information on how to apply for the Kappa League or for information regarding how to otherwise be involved…
Kappa League is leadership!
Kappa League is critical thinking!
Kappa League is social action for social good!
Kappa League is academic success!
Kappa League is preparation to succeed in life!
Kappa League is mentorship!
Kappa League is public speaking!
Kappa League is Achievement!
Kappa League is You!
The purpose of the Kappa League induction ceremony is to provide new members with a memorable first glance into the organization. We use an induction ceremony to mark the young men’s formal introduction into the group and to celebrate their joining the Trenton Alumni Kappa League. Lastly, our induction ceremony provides family members and friends with an opportunity to celebrate this right of passage and step in their young person’s personal development.
King of the Hill – Paintball Day
Kappa League – Are you ready for some Paintball?! Well, then get your gear on and let’s do this! Paintball is a competitive team sport, that combines elements of tag and capture the flag, in which players eliminate opponents from play by hitting them with spherical gelatin capsules called paintballs that break upon impact.
Paintball games are generally played on an outdoor field that is scattered with natural or artificial terrain, which players use for cover. Many paintball facilities utilize real or fabricated objects (referred to as bunkers) of various sizes and shapes to create a layout designed to allow players to formulate plans or strategies.
Rules for playing paintball vary, but can include capturing the flag, eliminating, defending, or attacking a particular point or area, or capturing objects of interest hidden in the playing area. Paintball promotes teamwork, planning, and good-natured competition. Our paintball outings are always a blast, and our Kappa Leaguers look forward to it each year. Paintball isn’t for everyone, but if your Kappa Leaguer enjoys good, clean adrenaline-filled excitement, he’s probably going to enjoy paintball.
College Signing Day
College Signing Day is an opportunity to celebrate Kappa Leaguers that have completed high school and will now pursue their ambitions and goals beyond high school, whether that is going directly into the workforce, obtaining a two-year, four-year, or higher degree, or even entering the military.
This idea was borrowed from the United States National Collegiate Athletic Association’s (NCAA) “National Signing Day.” Traditionally, the National Signing Day takes place on the first day that a high school senior can sign a binding National Letter of Intent for a collegiate sport with a school that is a member of the NCAA. Although all the major college sports practice the custom, college football’s National Signing Day is by far the most widely followed by fans and sports media.
College Football’s National Signing Day is a day filled with frenetic activity and is a culmination of years of work by these high school football stars and their families. It is the day that they dramatically reveal – to the nation – the college that they plan to attend, and where they plan to continue their football careers.
Several hundred guests attended the Northeastern Province of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. and the Trenton Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, Inc. 2022 Northeastern Province Kappa League Leadership Conference.