The Flagship Initiative of the Guide Right Service Program is the Kappa Leadership Development League (Kappa League). The Kappa League is a program designed to aid young men of high school age to grow and develop their leadership talents in every phase of human endeavor. Kappa League provides both challenging and rewarding experiences to enhance their lives. Since the fundamental purpose of Kappa Alpha Psi is ACHIEVEMENT, it is therefore the Fraternity’s primary purpose to help these young men achieve worthy goals for themselves, and make constructive contributions to their community when they assume leadership roles.
Funding from the Trenton Kappa Foundation goes to Kappa League programs, including but not limited to the following:
- College Signing Day – For many years, College Signing Days was associated with elite student athletes publicly accepting athletic scholarships to Division 1 athletic programs. Every student should have the opportunity to publicly reveal and celebrate their post secondary plans. At our College Signing Day, we give our Kappa Leaguers the platform traditionally reserved for blue-chip athletes.
- College Fairs – We provide our Kappa Leaguers and their parents with awareness of and access to college fairs so that they can meet one-on-one with college admissions representatives to get a better sense of the many options that are available to them to attend college.
- Financial Aid Workshops – These workshops prepare parents and students for the financial aid process and allows them an opportunity to ask any questions that they may have.
- King of the Hill – Paintball Team Building Trip
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Initiatives
- Stop the Violence Workshops – Introducing strategies that promote youth’s well-being and prevention of school violence. Working with law enforcement personnel to to teach young people how to handle police encounters and mitigate the escalation of these incidents.
- Labor School Read Aloud – Members of Kappa Alpha Psi and the Trenton Kappa League volunteer to read stories for the children of Lalor Elementary School
- Sacred Heart – The Lord’s Table – “Feed the Hungry” – Members of Kappa Alpha Psi and the Trenton Kappa League volunteer to serve at the Sacred Heart Parish food distribution ministry
For more information on how to apply for the Kappa League or for information regarding how to otherwise be involved…
Kappa League is leadership!
Kappa League is critical thinking!
Kappa League is social action for social good!
Kappa League is academic success!
Kappa League is preparation to succeed in life!
Kappa League is mentorship!
Kappa League is public speaking!
Kappa League is Achievement!
Kappa League is You!